Hi,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 9:35 AM, Owen Leonard <oleon...@myacpl.org> wrote:
> After a quick look at Jake I'm concerned that it is not as
> fully-featured or well-documented than Grunt or Gulp.

I agree, although for the specific purpose of compiling LESS,
minifying Javascript (and doing that dynamically for the purpose of a
dev setup), at first blush Jake looks like it might be sufficient.

> The wider
> adoption of Grunt and Gulp mean that there is a more vibrant array of
> plugins for each and discussion on the web to provide help and
> documentation.

Agreed — unfortunately, that has not (yet) translated into there being
Debian packages for them.

That said, there is a work-around that Debian packagers have used for
projects like jQuery: writing a custom build script strictly for use
by packaging and production installations from tarball that requires
only uglifyjs and packaged Node.js modules.  I might be willing to
write such a thing, and it could complement use of Grunt or Gulp for
folks actively contributing to front-end development.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager