At 02:14 PM 9/21/2016 +0200, Mirko Tietgen wrote:
David Cook schrieb am 21.09.2016
> The updated licence isn’t without controversy:
> <https://discuss.reactjs.org/t/legal-department-did-not-allow-use-of-react/3309/4> > https://discuss.reactjs.org/t/legal-department-did-not-allow-use-of-react/3309/4
>
> That said, I think the issue is that Facebook could revoke your
> licence to use React if you take legal action against Facebook. I
> don’t imagine the Koha community is going to do that, so it’s
> probably not a blocker.

If you are right and that is the issue, does that mean Koha would
not be Free Software anymore unless everything React is reverted?

That sounds like something I would not just push away with "i don't
imagine that happening", it sounds scary and not a way I want to go.

I don't see how a license that can be revoked for whatever reasons
could work for us.

Agreed. But IANAL. However ISTR that are recent thread suggested "tens of thousands" of potential libraries|users worldwide (based on downloads?) so Murphy|Sod's Law will kick in sooner or later...

Best -- P.