At 05:09 PM 8/23/2013 +0530, Mayank Srivastava wrote:
Yes, I am looking for that biblionumber,
And it is still there. and No corresponding entry is made in deleteditems.

We have occasionally found that an orphaned biblioitem gets left behind (not deleted) when the corresponding biblio is successfully deleted and items are successfully deleted or moved from that biblionumber to a new one. As the biblioitem contains the biblionumber, this can lead to it being found under some search circumstances.

I have never worked out exactly "why" [1] so have no easy solution. I just delete them manually directly in MySQL [WARNING, may be hazardous to your db health: DELETE FROM biblioitems WHERE biblionumber=xyz].

[1] My cataloguers suggest that it occurs when they "overwrite" a single old biblio with a new Z39.50 download, and then move multiple items from several old biblios to the new one prior to rebuilding Zebra -b -r. I have been able to reproduce this, but not systematically ... (this happens more often with serials than books, but it's not framework dependant.)

Best - Paul

Regards
Mayank

--
*Mayank Srivastava*
Techlet Solutions Pvt. Ltd.

---
Maritime heritage and history, preservation and conservation,
research and education through the written word and the arts.
<http://NavalMarineArchive.com> and <http://UltraMarine.ca>