Hello all,

I am still working on this sorting problem, and have looked a bit deeper into
it.  I find the sorting routine in /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ClassSortRoutine.pm ,
and it looks to me like it is driven by the variables $sort_routine, $cn_class
and $cn_item .  This took me back to the system preferences, where I turned on
the Classification source "z Other/Generic Classification Scheme" and turned
off all others.  I then went to Koha to MARC mapping - biblioitems and set
cn_class to point to 099a - which removed the mapping from items -
itemcallnumber.  I am suspicious that my problem may be that these records do
not have a cn_source field, though my reading of ClassSortRoutine makes me
think it would fall back to a default routine that should work.  Or is there a
perl program that needs to be run to update the records with the new system
preferences?  My previous question is pasted below.  Any help is appreciated.

I have a database that has no item records, only biblios.  We are using it to
catalog some archival folders, and pointing to pdfs with scanned images using
the 856u field.  We are using the 099a field as the call number field.  In
Administration - System Preferences - Cataloging - Record Structure -
itemcallnumber we have 099a filled in.  I just changed the Koha to MARC mapping
so that items - itemcallnumber maps to 099a .  After doing a search the results
page is sorted in Relevance order.  Changing the sort order to Call Number
order, either Z-A or A-Z does not produce any change.  Changing the sort order
to Title or Author works.  How do I get the sort working using the Call Number
in the 099a field?

Thanks,

Doug Dearden
Director, IT