>  Second, I would make the "All Libraries" settings stand out from the
> individual libraries.  For example, if "All Libraries" is selected in the
> notices, perhaps the font or the dropdown box changes color to red or yellow
> on the main and editing pages.  It should be more obvious than a couple of
> words on the page.

This appeals to me! The current behavior would not be that much of a problem if
the interface had some kind of visual cue to warn the user that he/she is about
to edit the rules for *all* libraries. To me that would even be enough since it
solves the problem of accidental editing and doesn’t increase complexity. It’s
still possible to make a case for consortia use where you further want to
decrease the risk of accidental editing of course.

Kind regards/Viktor Sarge