My Koha instance is displaying the following error:

Software error:

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111) at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 802. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 68. Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/opac-main.pl line 23. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/opac-main.pl line 23.

I am guessing this has to do with my MySQL setup, not Koha. Can anyone confirm that?

I assume I will need to use SSH to connect to MySQL and dump the database, but I am not sure where to go from there.

Can anyone give any pointers for how to recover?

Daniel