Hi Mark

  # ufw status

  To                         Action      From
  --                         ------      ----
  22/tcp                     ALLOW       Anywhere
  80/tcp                     ALLOW       Anywhere
  8080/tcp                   ALLOW       Anywhere
  Anywhere                   DENY        66.249.64.32

But however this is possible, still Googlebot is crawling and eating
CPU!

I haven't used UFW, but I'm looking at the documentation here:

  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UFW

and it seems that the order of the rules is important.  Quote:

  Once a rule is matched the others will not be evaluated (see manual
  below) so you must put the specific rules first. As rules change you
  may need to delete old rules to ensure that new rules are put in the
  proper order.

and from the man page:

  Rule ordering is important and the first match wins. Therefore when
  adding rules, add the more specific rules first with more general
  rules later.

Many thanks for the clarification! Yes, this makes sense.

So I would have to delete all rules and write them again in the correct order? Very "uncomplicated" indeed ;-)

However, I now deletd the rule for 66.249.64.32 in UFW since the rule in iptables succeeded (without giving any special order).

Best wishes & thanks again: Michael
T 0041 (0)61 261 55 61 · E m...@adminkuhn.ch · W www.adminkuhn.ch