Greetings!

We learned about Demco’s DiscoverLocal tool, which geo-tags a library’s
collection and feeds that info back into search engines so that collection
information shows up in search results. This also, apparently, allows devices
like Amazon Alexa to place holds and renew items for users.

Since Koha 16.11 has a built in command for sitemap generation for SEO, I’m
curious whether or not geo-tagging MARC records/branch locations is possible as
well? Does the sitemap tool already give us some of these features? Are the
other features possible?

We’re looking forward to our 16.11 upgrade later this year, but I’m curious if
libraries already running 16.11 have any insight. Thanks!

Best,

Marti Fuerst
Systems Librarian
Huntsville-Madison County Public Library
915 Monroe St, Huntsville, AL 35801
http://hmcpl.org/ — mfue...@hmcpl.org