Hello,

Our library enabled the AutoEmailOpacUser preference so that patrons receive a
notification of their account details when we create an account for them via
the staff client --
http://manual.koha-community.org/17.11/en/administration.html#AutoEmailOPACUser
-- and we've set AutoEmailPrimaryAddress to use the first valid e-mail found in
the account.

But we've noticed that the e-mail is not always sent when the account includes
a valid e-mail. The documentation does not mention any specifics, so I was
wondering if anyone can explain how this feature works?

It seems to be sent only if the username field is blank AND there is a password
included. I've found that if staff do not include a value in the password
fields, the e-mail is not sent. If the password fields are filled out and staff
also include a username, the e-mail is not sent.

Is this the intended behavior?

Arturo Longoria
Reference Librarian/Web Manager
Texas State Law Library