I have vague recollections of something similar where the stylesheet (xsl) for the display in English was looking for subfields a and t and had something like:

<xsl:with-param name="codes">at<...

Because the sequence "at" may appear in translation you may find that in the Portuguese translation it has been changed.

This might get you going in the right direction or it might be a red herring. I do hope it helps.

Ian