Hi Sonia,

I think adding the homebranch could make sense and I can't think of a reason not to.

My impression is that often the itemtype is changed as well to allow for a different (shorter) loan period. If you are doing that, you could change the return policy for the item type to 'Item returns to issuing library' which might fix the problem.

Hope this helps,

Katrin