Hi Murphy

> I have set up the global systems preferences as suggested. though
> there is still no overdue charge increment today.  the problem here
> is, it is charging overdue fines once but not increasing the charges
> daily. i have also seen an instruction in fineMode that ,the systems
> administrator should schedule: "misc/cronjobs/fines.pl " . i am the
> systems administrator here but don't know how to schedule it. please i
> need an assistance.

About this cronjob: Usually it is active, as far as I know. However check your file "/etc/cron.daily/koha.common" for an active line like the following. In Koha 18.11 it looks like this:

koha-foreach --chdir --enabled /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/fines.pl

Of course, to work this needs a running cron daemon.

Also see
* https://koha-community.org/manual/18.11/en/html/cron_jobs.html#fines

By the way: The given path there ("misc/cronjobs/fines.pl") is wrong. In fact in Koha 18.11 the script is residing in directory "/usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs".

Hope this helps.

Best wishes: Michael
T 0041 (0)61 261 55 61 · E m...@adminkuhn.ch · W www.adminkuhn.ch