Hi Peter

> For the book cover images, if we choose both Google book and Amazon,
> for example, can we set up the system so that it’ll display the first
> one available with the order of preference of our choice?
>
> Currently, it’ll display multiple images if it’s available in both of
> them.

One way is to use Koha system preference "Coce" (see https://bywatersolutions.com/news/koha-tutorial-cover-images-koha-opac-coce-server for an example) - both Amazon and Google Books covers are available there.

In an earlier post to this list Arturo Longoria provided the following code - personally I haven't tested it but you may try to include it in system preference "OPACUserJS":

// If both local cover art and cover art from Google Books is loaded, only show the local cover art by hiding the Google images.
$(document).ready(function() {
  // Hide cover art when viewing a bib record.
  if (document.location.pathname === '/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl') {
    $(window).on('load', function () {
      var localImage = $('#local-thumbnail-preview').find('img')[0];
      if (localImage && localImage.naturalWidth > 1) {
        $('#gbs-thumbnail-preview').hide();
      }
    }
  }

  // Hide cover art from the search results.
  if (document.location.pathname === '/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl') {
    $(window).on('load', function () {
      $('span[id*=local-thumbnail]').find('img').each(function () {
        if ($(this)[0].naturalWidth > 1) {
          $(this).parent().siblings('span').hide();
        }
      });
    });
  }