From: Koha <koha-boun...@lists.katipo.co.nz> On Behalf Of Michael Kuhn
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 4:42 AM
To: koha@lists.katipo.co.nz
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Koha] Debian vs Ubuntu server for koha

 ** ATTENTION: This email originated from outside the MedStar network. ** DO
NOT CLICK links or attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
content is safe.

Hi Tom

 > Kindly advise me the better option for server space between Debian and  >
 > Ubuntu for koha  production server.

According to
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__wiki.koha-2Dcommunity.org_wiki_Debian-23Debian-5FPackages-5Fon-5FKoha&d=DwIGaQ&c=RvBXVp2Kc-itN3g6r3sN0QK_zL4whPpndVxj8-bJ04M&r=vKh6XwOmjyC51IkP1OfsdjQZoWT2vpi6VZl8El8EPRI&m=1ylcSBHLjSWg5rOt-ZicukRdZZTzcSLYSdlYqgcBrNA&s=zNTRxtNR-yY-7IQJkDRFpNMbPAEDwwyWYajdlOoHEpY&e=
  the following distributions are currently supported:

* Debian 8 (Jessie)
* Debian 9 (Stretch)
* Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic)

Personally, I think I heard or anyway I feel like the developers are usually
using the newer Debian version (thus Debian 9) which results in a smoother
installation process. I'm not sure if it's true but it seems to me even if Koha
can be installed on Ubuntu or even some other Linux distributions, it will
often need some extra effort to make it work on them.

So if you're not absolutely depending on Ubuntu or any other distribution I
would always recommend Debian GNU/Linux. Also just because Debian GNU/Linux is
the base of Ubuntu anyway.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes: Michael
--
Geschäftsführer · Diplombibliothekar BBS, Informatiker eidg. Fachausweis Admin
Kuhn GmbH · Pappelstrasse 20 · 4123 Allschwil · Schweiz T 0041 (0)61 261 55 61

MedStar Health is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare delivery system, the
largest in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region. Nationally recognized for
clinical quality in heart, orthopaedics, cancer and GI.

IMPORTANT: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that
is private, confidential, or protected by attorney-client or other privilege.
If you received this e-mail in error, please delete it from your system without
copying it and notify sender by reply e-mail, so that our records can be
corrected... Thank you.

Help conserve valuable resources - only print this email if necessary.