Hi all

We're about to batch change several thousand records because we're modifying
the URL used to access our proxy server. To do this should we do the following?

Add a new MARC modification template
Add a new action to it: Copy and Replace > Every > 856 > u > to field > 856 > u
> regex > s/[portion of URL to be changed]/[replacement string for new URL]/g >
if > field > 856 > u > matches > m/[portion of URL to be changed]/ >regex

Does that look right?

Also, with escaping the strings to find/replace, would the regex look like this
(assuming that we're looking for 'http://proxy.dml.vic.edu.au:2048/' and
replacing it with 'https://proxy.dml.vic.edu.au/')?

s/http\:\/\/proxy.dml.vic.edu.au\:2048\//https\:\/\/proxy.dml.vic.edu.au\//g

With kind regards from the Dalton McCaughey Library Team

Carlos Lopez

Dalton McCaughey Library | 29 College Crescent, Parkville, VICTORIA 3052
Ph: 03 9340 8888 ext.1 | libr...@dml.vic.edu.au<mailto:libr...@dml.vic.edu.au>