Thanks Alvaro,

I tried those suggestions and ran into some problems.  First it said that the package was already installed so I removed it and tried again.  Got some more errors

I then took the easy way out and switched to oldstable, which was the release I was using.  Once I reinstalled and did a koha-rebuild-zebra all it was running properly.

I'm going to wait for another release before I try again to do an upgrade