Hi Jesse,

first: of course you can join koha-devel and you are welcome there :)

I am not aware of any conscious/intentional change in Koha and I know
that we've always been importing and exporting records with combined
diacritics (NFC) into Koha to avoid display and editing issues (German
umlauts etc.)

When you edit the records in Koha, do they present with NFC or NFD? (you
can tell by removing a diacritic, does it require one or two steps?)

How were the records added to Koha?

Can you replicate the behaviour on another installation for example on a
sandbox?

Hope this helps,

Katrin