I don't think I have the answer, but maybe some avenues to look at...

First, the "Hide in OPAC" option in item types is not used to hide the item or the record from the OPAC, but rather it hides the advanced search options (if itemtypes is in OpacAdvancedSearchTypes). The name of the option is not the best, but that is what it does.

My first hypothesis for your problem would be OpacHiddenItemsHidesRecord. Although I'm not sure why one item among many would hide the record... Normally, OpacHiddenItemsHidesRecord is used to hide the record if all items are hidden by OpacHiddenItems. You could try deactivating it and seeing if the record appears.

I've also seen problems in the past if something in OpacHiddenItems is not written correctly. You could try deleting everything that is in there and check if the record appears. If it does, add the content back line per line to see which line causes the problem.

Maybe the logs could tell you something? Also, if you have the action logs for system preferences enabled, you could look at what sysprefs were modified around the time the problem appeared. If it is as you think and a syspref was changed, you could see it there.

That's all I have...

Good luck!

Caroline

On 2023-09-14 02:56, Fairlamb, Christina wrote:
Morning all,

I have a problem related to one of my itemtypes that is probably a system
preference I changed a while ago but I can't find it so wondered if anyone
had any ideas where to look.

I have about 15 itemtypes, 4 of which are marked not for loan, 1 of these
"not for loan" items hides the entire record from the OPAC no matter if
there are other viewable/loanable itemtypes attached to the record or not
(It does NOT have the "Hide in OPAC" option selected). This is not the
behaviour I want. If I untick the "not for loan" option for this itemtype,
all is as normal and the record with all valid items can be seen on the
OPAC.

Does anyone have any idea which systempreference this might be related to,
I've checked out OpacHiddenItems specifically, I've checked out the record
level suppression and i've taken a look through all the OPAC
systempreferences but no luck so far.

--
Logo inLibro <https://inLibro.com>        Caroline Cyr-La-Rose
Bibliothécaire | Responsable de produit

T 833-INLIBRO (465-4276) <tel:833-465-4276>, poste 221
C caroline.cyr-la-r...@inlibro.com

www.inLibro.com <https://inLibro.com>