Hi Charles,

I would advise against changing the item field (952) mappings. It will
affect your searching and could also break functionality in Koha.

Changing the mapping will only change how things are stored when you
edit a new item/record. Unless you also run the job mentioned on that
page. But before doing that, you should be sure on what you are doing to
not risk losing data.

Can you explain a bit more on what you are trying to do?

Katrin