On Thursday 25 June 2015 18:56:05 R.Harish Navnit wrote:

> > On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 6:33 PM, Pali Rohár <pali.ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> Just a quick note about your patches which removing KDE3/Qt3 code:
> >>
> >> Look also at CMakeLists.txt files and remove coresponding KDE3/Qt3
> >> defines ideally with linking with KDE3/Qt3 libraries...
> >>
> > I'm not really sure how this is done. What I did was however, was to
> remove the add_definitions(...) and remove $(KDE4_KDE3SUPPORT_LIBS) from
> the target_link_libraries in the CMakeLists.txt file.

Remove defines and libs from target_link_libraries.

> > It is good that we do not need to include and use KDE3/Qt3 support
> >> headers, but if we are still linking with KDE3/Qt3 libraries it does not
> >> help us.
> >>
> >> This just create hidden dependency on KDE3/Qt3 support libraries
> >> because we do not see any KDE3/Qt3 includes in code, but linker still
> >> needs real libraries...
> >>
> > Yes, you're right. I'm trying to compile it now after removing these
> libraries and it's taking much much longer and is also more noisy(too many
> warnings, probably errors too).

If there are errors it means that there are more calls to KDE3/Qt3
functions... Not all KDE3/Qt3 methods are in headers prefixed with
K3/Q3. This is reason why I wrote you to look at compiler defines and
linker flags.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.ro...@gmail.com