Hello,

you probably know that qt4 and qt5 libraries are not API/ABI compatible
(also kde4 and kf5) and so we can change break API/ABI compatibility of
kopete in KF5 version.

And this could help us easily increase security of signed and encrypted
messages which are sent and received by Kopete.

Kopete by default store into history storage all messages in unencrypted
form -- also those which were sent encrypted by OTR (or by PGP). This
somehow decrease security of encrypted messages and maybe also violate
OTR design.

But it does not have to be truth always. If user has encrypted folder
(where is kopete history stored), then user just take responsibility of
his security of chat messages.

So I would propose to extend Kopete::Message API (for KF5) with new
attributes which say if Kopete::Messages is signed or encrypted. And
then new configure properties in history plugin where can be configured
if signed and encrypted messages should be logged into history or not.

What do you think about this change?

Also if you have some idea for Kopete which needs to break API/ABI it is
good time to show it :-)

--
Pali Rohár
pali.ro...@gmail.com