On Sunday 28 May 2017 23:04:57 Paulo Lieuthier wrote:
> Hey, Pali. I thought history2 was the best option today.

history2 does not support rich text messages, so no is not a good.

> I just updated my
> timetable aiming to convert the XML-based one, and start by preparing the
> schema
> and searching for a good database solution.

Look into mailing list archive. There were already some ideas, so better
do not invent wheel from the start, but rather fix design of some
existing schemas.

> Do you think converting the SQLite-based plugin into another backend is worth
> it
> (that if SQLite is not the chosen database solution)? I can do it if there is
> enough time.

I think SQLite should be fine for metadata. If text messages itself
should be in SQLite it would depends on doing some experiments if it is
fast enough. Also we need full text search support. SQLite has some
plugins for it, but probably different indexes would be better (or
not?).

--
Pali Rohár
pali.ro...@gmail.com