I replaced the fiberglass wing tanks in my KR-2 with welded aluminum tanks.
Ethanol in the mogas, that I was trying to use, was dissolving the Vinyl
Ester resin rather quickly.  Rubber components in the carb were being
hardened and would not seal.  (Lots of fun and excitement when the carb
overflows while the engine is running.)  Now using 100LL exclusively.  The
fuel system is good to go now.  The tank change out and carb rebuild cost
about $1500 and six months down time.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA