At 08:53 AM 1/11/2014, you wrote:
>    This also gives me the opportunity to thoroughly go over the airplane.
>       I would appreciate hearing from those of you that have older aircraft
>and what type of maintenance issues especially regarding the fiberglass

I consider the two flight control systems , pitch and roll, to be the
most critical items on the KR.  Inspect them closely.  I'm convinced
that a loss of either system in flight would be terminal, unlike the
failure in a "certified" aircraft where yaw can control roll and
pitch trim is required to control pitch.  I'm convinced that
"controlled flight" to an off airport landing should be quite
survivable in a KR (ref. Langford's several dead stick landings).

Larry Flesner