Paul Visk wrote:

>Would sanding burn marks affect the bond with T88 epoxy?

End grain joints are the weakest, so anything you can do to improve on this
would be good.  I read an epoxy comparison done in Wood or Fine Homebuilding
magazine a few years back, and if I remember correctly, their advice was to
use it as cut off by the saw, rather than "polishing" the ends with a
sander.  If you need to sand the angle to perfection, I'd at least use some
coarse sandpaper.  I used a lot of 50 grit building N56ML, and some floor
sanding belts that were something like 18 grit that looked like small gravel
stuck to the paper for serious wood removal.   It makes for quick work, and
they remove a lot of wood during their long life.

Mark Langford, Harvest, AL
ML at N56ML.com
www.N56ML.com