"Dan, how do you prime the Ellison, with a can of primer?
Larry Bell"

My GP 2180 with the Ellison is primed with a normal aircraft prime knob.
Two or three squirts with a cold engine and it has always started
instantly.  Hot, it needs no prime.  With Steve Bennett's top-mounted
manifold fuel distribution is excellent.  When I had the heads off about
three years ago to put in new valves & springs the combustion chambers
were all a very light tan, equally colored.  The Ellison has a mixture
control and I use it, however on the Ellison site it states the Ellison
TBI automatically leans as altitude increases.  I've always flown the
plane up high where I see full throttle operation between 3 and 4
gallons/hr.   It's a shame they quit making them . . . and now Dan says
the EFS-3A is also no longer in production?  What a shame.

There's a product from Australia equivalent to the EFS-2, made by Rotec.
I've never seen one but it appears to be an Ellison copy.  Price is
around $1200 with shipping.

It's nice not to have to fiddle with the carb or worry about the engine
dying on a low final (although I still always do).  Since I got my plane
from Steve in 2006 I've never had to touch the Ellison.  The EFS-2 is
perfect for the 2180.

Mike Stirewalt
KSEE
Laser147 at Juno.com