Sid has his main axle distance 17" aft of the stub wing leading edge, Joe
has his 7" aft of the forward face of the main spar. Since the leading edge
of the stub wing should 10.75" forward of the forward edge of the main spar
they are essentially in the same position for a tri -gear. It seems to me
the difference is other loading aft of the gear. According to Sid's w&b he
is right in the middle of the range. I assume Joe's is the same since he
flies in balance.  Going to the folks that like physics, something doesn't
compute. Moving the wheels aft would fix the ground imbalance but would
move the C.G. a little aft.
My thoughts, Larry Bell