HI Larry,

Not sure what you mean by "the KR is not a design that call for spoilers"?
They definitely kill LIFT which takes care of the "floating problem" of the
KR..  They would work on any airplane when placed in the proper location.

I've got several Moni motorgliders which utilize them and they will float like
a KR if you don't use them.  Originally a set of doors were installed on both
sides of the main wheel pant, but the most it did was cause a nose down pitch
attitude.  Spoilers were the solution.

If you're using spoilers, you don't have to "point the nose down to dirty up
the air flow"..  They will stop the wing from "flying" very effectively.  In a
lot of cases you actually have to keep power in to cut down on the descent rate
to keep the plane flying.

I know there are other homebuilt designs using spoilers.  One type raises up
out of the wing like a pair of scissors.  The ones on my airplanes deploy like
a belly board except they are on top of the wing.  You don't need very big ones
to kill the lift.  Normally installed outside the prop diameter in the root
portion of the wing for best lift killing..

All these designs work well.  You just need to figure out which one you want to
use, how easy they are to build/install and enjoy!

Just my .02.

Ron