From: KRnet [mailto:krnet-bounces at list.krnet.org] On Behalf Of Flesner via
KRnet
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2015 6:15 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: Re: KR> project update

>  how to use capacitance probes for my wing tanks without placing them
> in the tanks.

Robert,

The only possibility I can envision is to have a stand pipe inside the
cockpit , connected to the tank , where the level of fuel in the standpipe
follows the level in the wing.  In that case, why not just use a site gauge.
I have 7 foot long probes in my wing tanks running from root to tip of the
outer wing panel.  Because the tank thickness changes from root to tip, they
are not linear.  For wing tanks where the wing has dihedral there is no
perfect system, floats or otherwise.  Know what fuel you start with, know
your fuel burn, and watch the clock.

Larry Flesner
P.S. for Robert.  I'll be in Nashville on occasion as my daughter is moving
there next month.  I'd like to visit your project and promise not to track
dirt into your sterile workshop. :-)

please see other KRnet info at http://www.krnet.org/info.html see