To add a couple degrees would only move the upper or lower bracket's hole a
fraction of an inch. I would think that would be hard to do. Better to make new
attachment fittings for one side and replace them.
Perhaps an engineer might be able to say if you could enlarge for example, the
top attach hole by drilling the larger hole more inward. You would have to go
up by the amount you need to move the center, and make sure the edge is at the
edge of the original smaller hole. But you'd have less material on the attach
fitting. Only an engineer would be able to say if that is safe and I am no
engineer. Just my thoughts.