From: James Babcock via KRnet
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 9:20 PM
To: Chris Prata ; KRnet
Subject: Re: KR> 1992 Oshkosh KR1 photo 1 of 2

I am pretty sure that KR-1 belonged to a friend of mine, Eugene (Gene) Darst
from Beaumont, TX. He died in it on the way back from Oshkosh in Aug 1993.
NTSB No  CH193DEE04.
Cause was listed as elevator cable failure. Rumor had it that he had been
awarded a trophy at Oshkosh which jammed the control cable because of the
limited space for baggage. Personally, that made sense to me. He was a fine
pilot and craftsman.