On 2/6/2015 8:12 PM, Adam Tippin via KRnet wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance, but are you getting the blast tube air from Ram Air and
> does it have its own air intake in the cowling.
> Sorry, but i try to never assume any thing.

Hi Adam,
     On the Glastar, the cooling baffles on the Lyc O-320 go down along
the front of the engine as well as going along the top.  You can see in
this picture here:

http://deej.net/glastar/pics/tbi/img_2021.jpg

     I cut two small holes in the aluminum baffling, just to the right
of the starter in this picture, and behind the white wire for the
landing light:

http://deej.net/glastar/pics/tbi/img_2008.jpg

This area is pressurized from air coming in the two cowling holes which
you can see here:

http://deej.net/glastar/pics/buff/img_2004.jpg

     In the first picture you can see the scat tubing going from those
two holes, back to the Rotec TBI.

     One is directed at the base of the TBI:

http://deej.net/glastar/pics/tbi/img_2015.jpg

     and the other to the regulator:

http://deej.net/glastar/pics/tbi/img_2020.jpg

     Here are other pics if you are interested:

http://deej.net/glastar/pics/tbi/

-Dj

--
Dj Merrill - N1JOV - EAA Chapter 87