> Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 10:01 PM
> From: "Chris Prata via KRnet" <krnet at list.krnet.org>
>
> I actually read the Kitplanes article and would like to ask what the glaring
> errors, omissions, misstatements are, I am asking for educational reasons. I
> do know the "specs" chart is hopelessly outdated and optimistic. That's a
> legacy issue. Anything else though?

Very few KRs "cruise" at 180 mph. Very few KRs make a 980# gross weight.  Very
few KRs are 520# empty weight.  Over the last 20 years, the members of this
forum have made great strides in improving the handling characteristics and
safety of the plane.  Adrian Carter's quote of a sudden hard breaking stall
then pointing straight down is inconsistent with the gentle stall I see in my
KR and others report as well.  The $35,000 finished aircraft number will likely
generate a lot of discussion.  I hear some pilots claim unbelievably low costs
like they are reporting to the local tax board.  I know I had mine flying 18
years ago for $15K, but likely have around $30+K in it by now, but that
includes 1050 hrs of wear and tear, maintenance and upgrades.

Larry is clearly offended by the inaccuracies in the article.  I see it as an
overall positive and upbeat article.  Even though I came down on Larry a bit
here, know that Larry and I are good friends and it's only a spirited
discussion.  It's OK for us to disagree.

-Jeff Scott