Galen Zortman wrote:

> I have been discussing the idea of making his canopy similar to my
Ercoupe, which both sides slide down.<

The Swift has similar windows.  They are just .090 plexiglass that slide
up and down in aluminum slots that curve like the fuselage.  This
creates enough friction to make them stay wherever you leave them.  The
top edge of the "window" has a small aluminum angle screwed to it, which
acts as the handle.  This window is also half the door...the rest of the
door being a hatch that's hinged from the front, so it's a combination
of sliding windows and hinged hatch.  I really like it for photography
purposes...when the window is down it completely eliminates image
degradation and reflections between you and the sunset.

You better not have anything sitting around loose in the cockpit
though...'cause it'll be gone!

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
http://www.n56ml.com