On 6/16/2015 4:34 PM, Mike T via KRnet wrote:
> What's the reason for these extraordinary delays?  Lots of older plansbuilt
> plane designs (some going back to the 1950s) have let Aircraft Spruce take
> over the printing and shipping of plans.  If nvaero isn't able to handle
> it, maybe they should consider that
Spruce did not "take over" the single aspect of vending the plans.
Spruce is the owner of the design rights, intellectual property etc of
those older plans-built designs for which they now sell plans. They
bought the rights when the opportunities arose. That's how they put
themselves into the position of being the source of the plans for those
airplanes. The business strategy was to then offer materials,
components, etc to known customers who had purchased plans from them.
The original designers or subsequent supporters of those designs, prior
to Spruce, are no longer involved with the designs as far as I know.

Spruce has "re-drawn" some of the plans they are selling now. From
personal experience I know the current revisions of some of "their"
designs have lost much in translation.

Chris K