Matt Quimby wrote:

>> I?vegot my wing spars aligned and attached my wing attach fittings. The next
step, according to my plans, is to ream the inboard-to-outboard fitting
holes from 3/16" to ??. This being obviously a pretty critical step to
get right, I?m looking for some input on how some other folks
accomplished this task successfully (or, conversely, what methods caused
problems.>>

I think there's been a misunderstanding somewhere.  The 3/16" holes are
used where #10 (3/16) bolts hold the WAFs to the spar caps on all WAFs.
  The only reaming that is done (and it's not always necessary) is at
the WAF fitting bolt holes where inboard and outboard WAFs connect
together.  The reaming is to enable a bolt to fit through the hole
because they are often undersize to make sure it's a very tight hole
with no slop.  Another part of this is that even AN bolts are not all
exactly the same diameter, so the purists would buy several reamers
.001" apart and shoot for perfection.  Mainly you just want a round hole
that's a tight fit, and a drill bit really can't get you there (their
holes are somewhat triangular when drilled in thin material).  More than
likely the WAFs were either machined or laser cut, to the holes are
already round, but perhaps slightly undersize due to coatings or burrs
(laser cutting).  I'd measure your bolt diameters and order a reamer
from McMaster Carr that fits them.  More than likely though, a plain
3/8" reamer will be "close enough".  See
http://www.mcmaster.com/#reamers/=ypf185 and look for the "decimal
sizes" about a third of the way down.

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com