I think Roger's carb is a Model HD11, from a late-60s Electra Glide. The
sportster carbs were model HD2A thru D as I recall. The Sportster carbs
had the idle adjust thumbwheel on the top and an accelerator pump molded
into the plastic diaphragm cover. The Glide's carb had the idle adjust
on the side and a plain stamped domed cover for the diaphragm with a
vent hole in the middle. That vent hole looks to be where Roger
installed the tube tapping the intake pressure. Tillotson's "HD" model
designation does not refer to Harley Davidson specifically, as the HD11
carbs were used on various snowmobiles too.

Chris