On 10/24/2015 4:14 PM, CraigW via KRnet wrote:
> My Smith Miniplane was built with
> an O-235-C.  At some point it was changed to an O-290-D.  I am now putting in
> an
> O-235-C again.  We are talking a 10 Hp change...Is this a major or minor
> change?

Does the change have an "appreciable effect on the weight, balance,
structural strength, reliability, operational characteristics, or other
characteristics affecting the airworthiness of the product" ?

If yes to any of these, then it is a major change.  (or, more likely,
could the FAA argue that any of the above have a yes answer?)

-Dj

--
Dj Merrill - N1JOV - EAA Chapter 87
Sportsman 2+2 Builder #7118 N421DJ - http://deej.net/sportsman/