KRnetHeads,

Here's a quick report on a flight I made down to my father's grass strip
yesterday, which is 80'x3600', and not a bad place to fly out of. I'm
sure I didn't use half of it, either landing or taking off. There are
trees on one end, and it's uphill toward the trees, so it's pretty much
a one-way strip that works quite well.

On the trip down I was burning 3.4 gph while doing 145mph True AirSpeed
at 7500' on a nearly "standard" day.  That's 43mpg, and getting there
pretty quick.  TAS is irrespective of head or tailwind, so this is a
repeatable result.  The trip was completely uneventful otherwise, except
the hazy skies allowed me to wander all over the place.  I need an
autopilot to keep me on course and at altitude!

See enclosed photo for a nice view of the grass strip, with N891JF ready
to go. The strip is situated between three lakes.  See
http://www.n56ml.com/flights/jan2006farm/ for a better view of that.

--
Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com