Owen wrote:

 > However, I also read an article about how important gap seals are for
 > increasing climb performance.

See http://www.n56ml.com/troy/ for more on gap seals.  Just looking at
that big honkin' gap that you get when you build the wings per the
plans, you can guess that there's an improvement in performance with gap
seals.

I built my wings with a Frise aileron, and with gap seals on
that, I saw no benefit at all to the seals, mainly because the gap seals
itself if you do it right.  See http://www.n56ml.com/owings.html for
more on that (near the bottom).

Some folks would think that life is too short to spend this kind of
effort on the ailerons, but I thought it was pretty simple and made a
lot of sense.  I will do my next one the same way, but will likely use a
piano hinge at the top for simplicity and drag reductions (eliminating
those external hinges from the airstream).

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
http://www.n56ml.com