That's a keeper.  I doubt I'll ever be needing to put my engine back
together after taking it apart like that, at least not this lifetime, but
this piece on how to pre-lube it is getting put in printed form together
with my other essential VW reference material.  Thanks Mark.

Re the sawhorses . . . I've been using an armless office chair with
pillows/blankets since day 1.  They are adjustable up and down and rolls
if you want it to.  Forward, sideways, anyway you need to move it and
it'll only tip over if I try and pull the plane out of the hangar with it
still under the tail.  When it hits the door tracks it'll tip over (I
think . . .  this has never happened of course . . . .) but otherwise,
unlike a sawhorse, it'll just roll.  I've got two or three of them around
the hangar, salvaged from dumpsters  over time.  People throw some
amazing things into airport dumpsters.   You  can find an entire airplane
inside the dumpster sometimes.

The office chairs with pillows has sure worked well at keeping the plane
level whenever it's in the hangar.   Seems like a lot better idea than
sawhorses . . .?

Mike
KSEE

StyleBistro