According to the article at the link below, the FAA is offering a $500
rebate to those who install ADS-B  IN/OUT systems.

http://goo.gl/VqPIbD

I've been reading recently, Navworx and Selus have FAA compliant ADS-B
systems for prices approaching $500.  Concievably, if you put a system in
that costs less than $500 one could even make a profit on the deal after
getting the rebate..

The FAA compliant ADS-B in/out boxes I've been reading about recently
have been primarily developed for UAS (Unmanned Aircraft Systems) but are
apparently perfectly legal to use in Experimentals.  Looking last night I
could find only one in/out system for $1200 - but I've seen prices quoted
recently down in the $500 range.  I don't have that info at hand but as
time goes by all this will become widely known by us cheapskates that
don't want to put a Garmin GTX345 in.  (If I was rich I sure would though
- that is one nice transponder!)

These new ADS-B systems don't require a separate transponder to link to -
they have a built in signal generator that serves the same purpose as a
transponder.  These small, self-contained ADS-B in/out systems transmit
and receive all the ADS-B information, are FAA compliant, and cost around
$500.  Navworx makes one of them and Selus is another - I think I have
the spelling wrong on the latter.  We'll certainly know more as time goes
by but it appears my prediction of a year or more ago that we'll have
choices for ADS-B in/out systems for $500 is coming to pass already and
we're still 3.5 years away from the mandate deadline.

Mike
KSEE

Nextiva vFAX
Why Do You Still Have An Old Fax Machine?
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5755cc0446974c01589cst02vuc