Hi,
I am considering using Oilite bushings for my tail movable surfaces. Press fit
seems out of the reach for me, so I would try the following method, please let
me know if somebody else tried that and if yes, what was the outcome:

1. Heat up the 6061T6 in an oven to let's say, 190?C/375?F
2. Remove from oven and instantly drill a hole with at the nominal OD of the
bushing (using regular drill bit - 5/16 for the sellected bushing)
3. Put again in the oven
4. Remove from oven and quickly install the oilite bearing
5. Leave the part to cool down

The roughly calculated equivalent press fit value for a 3/16-5/16 bushing is
0.00115 which is within the recommended range found in the Oilite Bearings
catalog.

Thanks in advance,

Stefan Balatchev
Ottawa, ON, Canada