Dan said: ? I don't think that "flying on top" is what got him killed.? I think
that itwas running out of gas
?Whanever I was doing an IFR cross country flight. I would always get an "VFR
on top" clearance. This gives me VFR freedom and still be able to maintain my
IFR flight plan. ?My opinion for VFR pilots flying "VFR over the top" should
have at a minimum an attitude reference device and know now to keep the top
side up in IMC. Just in case they have an unplanned descent.?
Paul Visk?Belleville IL ?618 406 4705
Sent on the new Sprint Network from my Samsung Galaxy S?4