Tony King wrote:

 > But I'm pretty sure using push-pull cables with no
> bellcranks would eliminate any differential action of the ailerons.
> It might be possible to get some of that back by doing something like
> what Mark Langford did with his ailerons (where the front edge sticks
> up into the airflow as the aileron goes down) . I guess my question
> really is what effect is that likely to have on a KR?

Yep, you'll need a bellcrank if you want differential ailerons, and the
plans version does that.  Any kind of bellcranks works though...it's
just the geometry of the hole pattern (which I'm sure you know).

Frise ailerons work fine too.  Either one does the job, but I chose to
do a little of both, and it works great, as the only time I need to
touch the rudder pedals is on takeoff and during windy landings or a slip.

But Larry Flesner will be quick to tell you that the stock differential
ailerons work fine too, just like they are, and that the best way to
keep the ball centered in a KR is to simply keep your feet away from the
pedals, whether straight ahead or in a turn...it works great!

There's more on Frise ailerons buried in the page at
http://www.n56ml.com/owings.html , but you might get lost in there.  I
don't recognize the young kid in those photos though...

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
http://www.n56ml.com