Could be settings on your mail client. You may be able to reset some
preferences to let images through. I had some issues with some images
not appearing from some senders, but OK from others. I don't remember
what I did but eventually the problem was solved. I'm using Thunderbird
as my mail client. Disclaimer: I had no issues with images in messages
sent by KRnet members.

Also, I use Postimage for uploading files to the interweb these days,
much easier than Dropbox.

$.02

Chris K.