Stef den Boer wrote:

> I have seen someone from the KR group used scat ducting at the
Exhaust, just
> from the cylinders , I cant find it, and will it work?

If you mean from the engine's combustion exhaust, no SCAT ducting won't
work for that.  SCAT, SEAT, and the other two varieties are based on
silicone or neoprene fabric and has a maximum temperature that is
probably a third as high as engine exhaust temperature.

There's a good description of the varieties at the bottom of
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/scat.php .

We normally use it for carb heat and cabin heat applications, carrying
heat off an exhaust "stove" to the carb or cabin. See the photo at the
bottom for one place that I used it as a carb heat source.

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
http://www.n56ml.com