i have a low time 690-70 for 1500 no gear box or acc  no1son38 at aol.com  731
589 1330

-----Original Message-----
From: Tinyauto--- via KRnet <krnet at list.krnet.org>
To: krnet <krnet at list.krnet.org>
Cc: Tinyauto <Tinyauto at aol.com>
Sent: Sun, Dec 11, 2016 8:19 am
Subject: Re: KR> 2Si 2-stroke engine

I think the real problem with a 2si engines is parts availability.   They are
not supposed to be used on man carrying craft, though we all know they  are.
If someone insists on an inline 3 cylinder 2 stroke for aircraft,  then Hirth
has a couple that put out a lot of power.  Still....not the best  engine for a
KR for the reasons Oscar mentioned. Kevin GoldenHarrisonville, MO.   In a
message dated 12/10/2016 9:08:53 P.M. Central Standard Time,  krnet at
list.krnet.org writes:OscarThanks for the background on this engine?   jw> On
Dec 9, 2016, at 17:09, Oscar Zuniga via KRnet  <krnet at list.krnet.org>
wrote:> > Don;> >  > The 3-cylinder 2Si 2-stroke was the featured engine for
the  "Lightning Bug" composite 1-place homebuilt.  A zippy little plane, you
can Google it, but the problem is that the 2-strokes are quite a bit lighter
than any of the 4-strokes that are typically employed on KRs so it would
require a longer engine mount and cowling for W&B.  Probably not as
exaggerated as Mike Ladigo's turbine engine powered KR, but longer than a VW
or Corvair mount.> > > Oscar Zuniga> >  Medford, OR>
optionsTo UNsubscribe from KRnet, send a message to  KRnet-leave at
Archives at http://tugantek.com/archmailv2-kr/search.Please see LIST RULES and
KRnet info at http://www.krnet.org/info.html.see