I know this is not what you want to hear but if you can not find an exhaust
"fiber fix" will help seal it until someone can build you what your looking
for. It is water activated epoxy impregnated carbon. I have used it in a jam
and it's still holding up to everyday abuse on a Detroit diesel exhaust in my
work boat. Just a thought.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: Mark Langford via KRnet
<krnet@list.krnet.org> Date: 1/21/17  9:57 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: KRnet
<krnet@list.krnet.org> Cc: Mark Langford <m...@n56ml.com> Subject: KR> 4-into-1
exhaust system help?
KRnetHeads,

My VW exhaust system broke while flying last weekend, and given the
location and pervasive nature of the welds required, it's not
repairable.  GPASC has no KR exhaust systems in stock, but they can make
one for me in 30 days.  They also no longer sell the 4-into-1 "centered"
system, offering only a "KR Tri-gear" model that has the outlet biased
towards the pilot's side.  This would be fine if it didn't interfere
with something else, but I don't know exactly what it looks like, and I
don't think GPASC does either.

One choice is to build my own, but it would be a lot more expedient to
buy the Tri-gear if it'll fit without having to modify a bunch of stuff.
  That's a big question, because I have a fuel rail with gascolator,
totalizer, and pressure sender down low on the firewall, and would
rather not have to conjure up a place to put them all, because that's
about the only place they would fit.  So I'm wondering if somebody with
the GPASC (or other) 4 into 1 Tri-Gear exhaust system can lead me to a
few photos and maybe some dimensions of their exhaust system and
surroundings?  My current system has the four equal-length pipes all
bending in parallel to the collector in about the same plane as the rear
exhaust flanges, if that helps.

Another option is anything else that looks like it might work.  I'm
thinking "street" stuff is unlikely, as there's 4" of room between the
bottom of the case and the top of the exhaust system, and I need that
for the Ellison carb that lives nested in there.  That would be dragging
the ground under my Karmann Ghia or a Beetle.

I am open to suggestions, with a backup plan of welding up another one
myself, but given constraints, would rather simply pick up the phone and
order something from somewhere, if possible.  I'd even consider a
"previously owned" system if available, just to get me by until I can
build one.  My hands are starting to shake because it's already been a
week since I've flown!

See enclosed photos of my broken exhaust and the GPASC Tri-Gear KR
system.  You can't see the crack that totally severed the pipe going
into the collector, but you can see another obvious break near the top
of the photo, which spidered into about 10 inches of continuous cracks
totaling about 10 inches! I guess 550 hours and 25 years is about all I
could expect out of a mild steel exhaust system anyway.

Thanks...

--
Mark "crack pipe" Langford
m...@n56ml.com