Ron said:
> Rene said;
> I haven't made much progress with the crank taper torque test lately apart
Well Ron this one will be completely 100% safe as it will be fastened to a
trashed crank that has been secured somehow to a test jig. To the "welded
flange will be
fastened a looong lever arm from which a lot of lead weights will be hung
untill the crank or hub or what ever fails.No prop, no "motor", no
danger.Get it. (See your signature line)
As I have said before, the aim of this test is purely to see just how much
TORQUE it will take to cause a failure of the crank with the standard taper
and key (disregarding ALL other forces).Depending on the results obtained
from this test, further testing
will be done on a running motor bolted to a test stand with a hub fabricated
as one unit but still using the standard taper on the end of the crank with
a few other ideas as well.
Hopefully this will now put to rest the idea that I plan on flying behind a
welded hub or standing in front of one for that matter.
By the way my name is Dene (as in Dean) not Rene as above.
Sorry for being so jumpy but I think I have explained myself enough times
now for everybody to get the picture that I have absolutely no intension of
using a welded hub of any kind. My interest lies solely in the fact that the
standard taper can aparently handle the torque loads of the motor.
Build well fly safe
Dene Collett
mailto: dene.coll...@telkomsa.net